Healthy Poha With Oats and Sprouts
- 2 cups Poha
1 cup rolled oats
1 large Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 cup Peanuts (optional)
Finely chopped broccoli
1/4 cup mung sprouts
1/4 cup black chana sprouts
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1-2 Green chilies, or as per taste, thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
Optional Ingredients : You can also add other vegetables like boiled Potatoes, Green peas ,tomatoes.
Wash the rice flakes &oats in water.
Let it drain for 10 minutes.
While that’s draining, heat 1-2 tsp oil/ghee/butter.
Add mustard seeds .When the seeds splutter, add the peanuts and stir until roasted. You can alternatively roast/toast the peanuts separately and add them towards the end too.
Add the onion. Once soft, add the curry leaves and turmeric powder.
Add the drained poha.
Add the drained Poha next.
Mix all well.
Garnished with broccoli
Ready to serve
Buck wheat flour Paratha
Buckwheat is a powerhouse of nutrients. Being gluten-free It is thus considered suitable for those who are allergic to wheat .Great for the digestion. Whole grain buckwheat can be very helpful in weight loss.
Buck wheat groat
The triangular seeds known as buck wheat groats ,are often made into flour for use in noodles,cakes,and bread and many gluten-free products.
Kuttu ke atta ka paratha or vrat (fast) ka paratha is made during navratri fasting or other religious fast. As per the fasting rules, only certain flours and ingredients are allowed during fasting days.
So kuttu ka atta is used in making many recipes during fasting days like kuttu ki poori, pakoras
2 cups kuttu ka atta/buckwheat flour
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves or dhania ke patte
1 medium to large potato or aloo
1 green chili or hari mirch, chopped (optional)
rock salt or sendha namak as required
oil for ghee for roasting
- Boil the potato till its completely cooked.
- Peel and mash the potatoes when still warm.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, rock salt, coriander leaves and green chilies with the kuttu ka atta
- Take on ball and with the hands and roller roll it.
- Place the roti or paratha on the tava.
- When one side is partly cooked, flip and let the other side cook.
add½ tsp ghee or oil on top and then flip again.
- Cook for a few minutes and meanwhile smear again ½ tsp ghee or oil on the top.
- Flip once or twice till the rotis have brown patches.
- Prepare all kuttu ka atta ke rotis or parathas this you can serve kuttu ka paratha with vrat vale aloo ,arbi and louki.
For more Buckwheat / Kuttu ka atta recipies you can check my Buckwheat flour Uttapam.For more fasting recipies can check my carrot halwa,coconut laddoos,til chikki,custard apple iceceram, roasted makhana,dry arbi,milk powder burfi,louki kheer , melon seeds snack , til bugga,gond panjiri,dhania panjiri.