- Potatoes 500 gm
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup thick Curd (yogurt)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 small piece of Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp poppy seed powder
- Peel boiled potatoes and prick them with a fork.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add boiled potatoes and shallow fry them over medium heat until they turn light brown. Drain and transfer to plate.
- Take oil in kadai add pinch of asafoetida and add bay leaves and finely chopped onion, sauté until onion turns light brown .Add ginger paste and sauté it.
- Add 2 tsp of besan.
- Beat curd and slowly add it in kadai. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix again.
- Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes or until oil starts to separate.
- Add shallow fried potatoes, kasuri methi, sugar and salt, cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, cook covered on low flame until you get the desired consistency of gravy. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.