Baked Kachori Recipe
Ingredients for Kachori Covering
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Instant dry yeast – 3/4 tsp
- Wheat flour 2 cup
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Green chilly 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger 1/2 tsp grated
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder – 1/4 tsp
- Knead dough for making kachori’s. Take out flour in any utensil and make a small hole in center of the flour. Add sugar, instant dry yeast (there is no need to active instant dry yeast in lukewarm water), 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tsp oil in the flour and mix well.
Add little amount of lukewarm water in the dough at a time and prepare a soft dough like that used for making chapatti’s. Knead dough for about 4-5 minutes until it becomes soft. Grease the dough with little oil, cover it and keep it aside for 20-25 minutes for fermenting.
Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds. Roast for a while, and then add green chilies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and green peas. Mash the green peas. Now also add mashed potatoes, salt, red chili powder, garam masala and mango powder.
Mix all ingredients well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Dough has fermented, now stuff the kachori’s. Divide the dough and stuffing in 8 equal halves. Take one part in your hand and make a round ball. Flatten the ball with your hand and make a place in center. Fill the stuffing in the center and seal the stuffing from all sides. Flatten the kachori.
Grease the baking tray with oil and place the kachori on the tray. Like wise prepare all kachori’s. Cover the kachori’s; and keep them aside for 2 hours for fermenting.
Now keep them in oven for baking. Set the oven temperature to 200 degree centigrade and cook kachori’s for 20 minutes in oven. Check after 15minutes. Bake more if not cooked properly.