Wheat Flour Dumplings(Atte ke Laddoo)
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 500 gm
- Ghee 400 gm( Clarified butter)
- Coconut oil 100 gm ( optional) if don’t want to use coconut oil increase the qty of ghee.
- Powdered sugar 500 gm
- Gond 100 gm
- Almonds 100 gm
- Cashew 100 gm
- Melon seeds 100 gm
- Dry coconut some
- Raisins,walnuts(Dryfruits of your choice)
- Cardamom powder
- Sieve the flour through a fine sieve and set aside.
Coarsely grind cashew nuts and almonds and set aside.
Melt ghee in a kadai. Add flour and cook on low heat .Add gond just before your flour is completely roasted.
Add all chopped dryfruits.When you smell nice fragrance,switch off the flame.
Add cardamom powder
Let it cool for a while. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. You may use your hands to mix this, adding some more melted ghee ( in order to shape the balls).
Shape into walnut sized round laddoos and store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
P.S The color of ladoos is bit dark due to addition of mollasses sugar ( Brown).If you want better color,add white crushed sugar.