Eggless Dates Semolina ( rava) Cake
- Rava/Sooji 1 cup
- Seedless Dates 3/4 cup chopped or blended
- Milk 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar 1/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Roast the rava on medium flame for 3-4 mins or till nice aroma comes and keep aside.
- Mix the sugar, cardamom powder, and baking powder well and add it to rava.
- Next add milk,oil ,ghee to the rava mixture and mix well. Finally add the chopped/blended dates and mix till all ingredients are mixed well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C and bake it for 30-35 minutes. Check it after 25mins, check with a fork if it comes out clean ur cake is done.
- If it is baked for a longer time, the cake becomes hard .
*You can also soak the dates in 1/4 cup milk and blend it to form a paste then add it to rava for uniform mixing.
this will not rise like other ones but the cake will turn out light and fluffy.