Eggless tutti fruity cake
1 cup = 200 ml
For cake batter
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Fresh Curd – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1.25 tsp
- Cooking soda/Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil – 1/2 cup(I used sunflower oil)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
For tutti fruity mixture
- Tutti fruity 1/2 cup( add more based on your taste)
- Raisins – 1 tbsp ( optional)
- Almonds 5 nos ( chopped finely)
- Maida – 1tsp
For greasing the pan
Cooking oil – 2tsp
Maida – 2 tsp OR Butter paper
- First take the baking pan and grease with oil all over the bottom and sides till the rim of pan completely.Then sprinkle maida and rotate the pan.Maida should coat the pan in all the sides.If u don’t want to do this step,just line the pan with butter paper or parchment sheet.Make sure u cut the butter paper in proper size before lining the pan.
- In a bowl,take the tutti fruity,nuts and raisins.Add 1tsp of maida and mix it well.This step is to avoid sinking of tutti fruity in the bottom of pan.
- In a big bowl,take the curd and beat it with a whisk.Do not beat it vigorously.Just mix till it becomes smooth.To this curd, add baking powder and baking soda.Mix it slowly & gently.As u mix,u will see bubbles rising from it.Stop mixing and keep the bowl aside for 5 minutes.In the mean time,sieve the maida once or twice in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Now if u check the curd mixture,it would have risen well with foamy texture. Add the powdered sugar to it.Mix it with the whisk gently.Do not beat it.Just do it such that the bubbles should not subside.After mixing the sugar,add the vanilla essence and oil.Mix it slowly and nicely.The mixture should not lose its air particles.So be gentle.
- Add half of the sieved maida and fold it gently.Again add the remaining half and mix well.Lastly add the tutti fruity mix and fold it.Make sure there are no lumps formed.Batter should be of dropping consistency and not too thick.Transfer it to the cake pan and pat the pan well for uniform distribution.
- Preheat the oven in for 10 minutes in 180c.Keep the cake pan and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180c in oven. Remove the cake just 5 minutes before completion brush it with milk.This gives a golden crust.Keep an eye after 30 minutes and check with a skewer.If it comes out clean with little crumbs,your cake is done.Else keep it for another 5 minutes.Mine took exactly 42 minutes.It may vary slightly.After the cake is done,remove and let it cool.Run a knife all through the sides of pan and invert the cake in a plate.It will come off easily.Slice it and serve with coffee/tea or enjoy as it is !
This cake doesn’t come out white in color.It would be slightly yellowish in color.
Do not over bake the cake than the mentioned time. Keep an eye after 25 minutes.Brushing with milk is very important to get golden-colored crust on top.
Adding Almonds and raisins is optional.Tutti Fruity alone gives you great taste to this cake.
You can make this cake plain without adding nuts & dry fruits and enjoy.
Use all ingredients at room temperature.
If you see your cake is brown from top and not cook from inside .Cover it top from aluminum foil.
This picture is just after an hour.
This picture is after the next day to show the texture difference.Taste is same only the texture is difference.