Bottle Gourd Pudding ( Louki Kheer)
- Bottle gourd (louki) 500 gms
- Almonds 15( dry fruits of your choice)
- Milk 1 litre
- Sugar 1/2 cup(I added brown sugar)
- Green cardamom powder
- Peel bottle gourd, cut into half, remove seeds, wash and then grate.
- Add grated bottle gourd to the boil milk then simmer till it is reduced to three-fourths and stir to mix well. Add sugar. Cook till sugar dissolves and kheer is semi-thick. Mix in green cardamom powder .
- Pour into individual serving bowls, garnish with almonds or cashew nuts and serve hot or cold.
*This Kheer can be eaten during fasting also.