Angakdi Angakdi is thickr roti. When tempting to eat something new and different then I make these rotis.Since childhood these are my favorite.My grandmother made these rotis as in childhood I don’t like to eat vegetables. This is my grandmother’s recipe .
- Wheat flour – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Carom seeds 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Take flour in a big bowl. Add salt, carom seeds and 2 tsp ghee in flour and mix well. Now add little water at a time and knead bit hard dough than required for making regular roti. Cover the kneaded dough and keep aside for 20 minutes to set.
- After 20 minutes, grease your hands with some oil and knead the dough until smooth. Make a round dough ball. Place the dough ball on rolling plate and roll into 1/2 cm thick roti.
- For roasting roti, preheat tawa. Place the roti on heated tawa and cook on medium flame. When roti turns brown from beneath, flip the side. Make small peaks with help of your thumb and finger on the roasted side of your roti. Make peaks on the entire roti. Keep the flame to least. Roast until roti gets brown spots on the other side. Now flip the roti and cook from side with peaks for another 2 minutes.
- Now take off roti from tawa and place it direct on flame. Roast roti on low flame until it gets brown spots on both sides. Place the roti on plate and spread 1-2 tsp ghee over it. Pour ghee in the holes over roti. It will be absorbed completely. This will enhance the flavor.
- Delicious Angakdi is ready. Serve with dal or your favorite gravy dish, pickle or chutney and enjoy eating. I generally prefer these rotis with dal makhani ,rajma or any paneer dish or without any vegetables.