Amla candy is an another form of Amla Murabba . Eating Amla regularly will help you keep up good health.In total I took 1 kg of amlas then I used half for candy and half for pickle.
Ingredients for Amla Candy
- Amla: 500 gm
- Sugar: 300 gm
How to make Amla Candy
- Put Amla in a strainer and wash them well. Take a utensil, wash it and fill enough water in it so that the Amlas will be submerged easily then put it on fire for boiling. When water begins to boil put the Amlas in boiling water. After the water starts boiling again keep it boiling for 2 minutes then put off fire and cover these Amlas for 5 minutes with a utensil. Make sure that you don’t put the Amlas into the utensils before the water starts boiling. Put the Amlas for cooking only when the water is already boiling.
- Put these Amlas in a strainer and when they become cold, slice them up and throw the seeds away. Put the pieces of Amla in another utensil and pour around 300 gms of sugar so that it covers the Amlas. Keep the utensil for a day.
- Next day you will find that the sugar has turned into a syrup and Amla pieces are floating in this sugar. Stir the syrup and cover it for another 2 days.
- After 3 days, these pieces will not float and will sink to bottom of utensil because they have soaked up the sugar syrup and become heavier due to that. Now sieve these pieces from syrup and put them in Sunlight to dry. After drying , coat these Amlas with the powdered sugar.
- Amla candy is ready. Store the candy in an air-tight container and enjoy everyday. This candy is not only good in taste but for health too.
Spicy Amla Candy
- Black Pepper/ White pepper
- Black Salt
- Chaat Masala
- Amchoor Powder(Mango powder)
Amchur (Powdered Raw Mango) If you want to make the Amla Candy spicier, mix 1/2 small spoon of black salt, 1/2 spoon of black pepper,1/2 spoon of chaat masala and 1/2 spoon of Amchur powder .If you want to amla candy tobe a abit sweeter than add some powdered sugar.
Amla Sharbat(left sugar syrup)
You can use the Amla syrup to make tasty drinks. Thicken it up by stirring it over a flame for a little while.Mix with water and served.