Kesar Pista Kulfi /Saffron Pistachio Ice cream
Kesar pistachio kulfi is a gem among Indian frozen dessert is perfect for summer.It is popular in many countries.It is traditional Indian ice cream.
For the kesar kulfi
- 1 ltr full fat milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- a few saffron (kesar) strands
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder /cornflour
- 1/2 cup cream/malai
- Pistachio I/2 cup (I used some almonds also along with pistachio)
- Dissolve the arrowroot in 2 tablespoons of milk and keep aside.
- Put rest of milk in a broad pan and bring it to a boil. Add saffron and sugar to it and simmer over a medium flame,stirring continuously till the milk reduces to a little less around 3/4 of total quantity.Add the arrowroot solution and mix well.
- Cool completely, add the cardamom powder,chopped pistachio and cream and mix well.
- Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze overnight till it sets.
To avoid water crystals on kulfi put the moulds in down section of fridge.Once it becomes cold then put them in freezer.