Mung dal ,Oats and soybean Appams
This recipe suddenly I got invented in my kitchen.last week I soaked mung dal for appams .Suddenly some of my kids friends visited.I felt that batter is not enough for all of them. So I added some soyabean flour and oats bran.U won’t believe it appams come out so well .Everyone likes it.Yesterday my kids asked for same appams so this time I saved my recipe for you all.No fermentation required for this recipe.
- 1 cup of green/yellow moong dal
- 1 cup of Oats( I used rolled oats),powdered oats
- 1 cup soybean flour
- Ginger 1 piece
- Chili 5-6
- Curry leaves
- Jeera 1 tsp(cumin seeds)
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- green peas ,carrot or onion( optional)
- Soak the green/yellow moong dal for an hour.
- Grind mung dal,oats with ginger and green chili.( No need to grind if using oats powder.
- Mix soybean flour to the batter.
- In a pan add a bit oil ,then Hing, jeera( cumin seeds),mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- If you want, add green peas or carrot or any veggies of your choice.
- Once it starts splutter put it in batter.
- Mix thoroughly .Add salt.
- Oil the appam vessel and put the batter. Cover the lid. Check after 10 minutes if the bottom has turned brown. If brown, then turn it so that upper side is at the bottom . Cook for 5-10 minutes as required.After turns ones no need to put lid.
- Serve with chutney,sauce or sambhar.
- Can take any mung dal yellow or green.
- Can add any other dal also like arhar,mung sprouts,masoor dal, chana dal.
- Can make only with one dal or mix dals.
- Can avoid soybean flour and oats.
- Can make with dosa batter also(ferment urad dal and rice batter.)