Melon Seeds/Kharbooje Ki Giri
Melon seeds namkeen is good in taste and can be ready any time.As it is now eight month that means saavan is going on.So I will keep fast for all the Mondays. So today is the second monday of saavan so I decided to make this healthy namkeen .My family likes it a lot.
- Melon seeds – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Cashews – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Some salt(I used sendha namak)
- Heat a pan add some ghee and place melon seeds into it and stir constantly. Roast them on medium flame. If they spill out while roasting then hold a plate in left hand, cover and roast the seeds.
- Take out the roasted seeds in a plate.
- Again in a pan. Add some ghee . Now place cashews into it and stir them constantly on medium flame . Next roasted almonds.Now mix all roasted seeds together.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix everything really well.
- let it cool down and store in air tight jar for a month.
Sometimes I added makhana in this namkeen.
After my delivery my mother in law gave this namkeen to me for eating as a snack.As we were only allowed to eat desi ghee . So we weren’t allowed to eat any outside snacks.
We can add sugar also in this mixture instead of salt and pepper.