Buckwheat Flour Uttapam/Kuttu Ka Atta Uttapam
Two days back it was Maha Shivratri ,festival of Hindus in India. On this day people observe fast and offer fruits,flowers and bel leaves on Lord Shiva. I also fasted so I prepared Buckwheat flour Uttapam which is healthy and has less oil.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup grated bottle guard/louki
- 1 tsp chopped ginger and chili
- salt to taste Sendha namak
- Coriander leaves
- 1 cup water
We can also used grated potatoes or can used half louki and half potatoes.
- Combine the flour, ginger, chilli paste, grated louki ,coriander leaves and salt and mix well to make a smooth thick batter .
- Heat a tava and when its hot wipe it with a wet cloth.
- Spread the thick layer of batter on the tawa and make a thick circle.
- Cook on a slow flame using little oil till it is cooked from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and yogurt.
Make only 2-3 uttapam batter at a time otherwise louki starts releasing water and batter becomes thin.In this much amount I got 3 big uttapams.
You can check Buckwheat flour Paratha here.