Dhania Panjiri/ Janmashtami Special
Since my childhood, I saw my mother preparing so many dishes for Janmashtami like makhana Kheer,gond panjiri,dhania panjiri,khoya panjiri,buckwheat flour panjiri. All these are must at my house. But in Malaysia I can’t get khoya so I only made Gond panjiri,Dhania panjiri and makhana Kheer.
Dhaniya panjiri is usually made for the prasad.
Krishna Janmashtami – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami.
- Coriander powder 1 cup
- Coconut dry 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- melon seeds ¼ cup
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Gond 1 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan, add coriander powder and on medium flame cook for 3-4 minutes until you get aroma out of it. Keep them aside.
- Fry gond in a ghee.
- Add coconut in pan, stir continuously and cook for 2 minutes. Take out the roasted coconut in the bowl.
- Now add melon seeds in the pan and stir continuously until the seeds get roasted well.
- Add sugar and ½ cup of water. After the sugar melts, cook for 2 minutes more.take 1 string sugar syrup Add roasted coriander powder, coconut ,gond, cardamom powder and melon seeds. Mix well .
- Grease a plate with ghee and take out the mixture in a plate. Spread it evenly. After the barfi sets up cut into any shape .
Enjoy you blessed food with family and friends.
For more fasting recipies you can check my melon seed namkeen,buckwheat flour paratha,buckwheat flour uttapam,carrot halwa,louki kheer,gond panjiri,roasted makhana,panchamrut,dry arbi,milk Burfi,custard apple icecream.