Gond Panjiri/Gond Burfi/ Janmashtami Special
Today I’m posting Gond Panjiri which is a must to make on Janmashtami in North India. This is a recipe given to me by my mom. As I already told in Dhania panjiri,I have eaten all these from my childhood.
This gond panjiri we can eat after delivery also.
Yesterday I asked my mom about the difference of panjiri and burfi ,she said we old people called it panjiri and you new generation called it burfi. It is the same thing.
Krishna Janmashtami – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami.
- 3 tbsp Gond/edible gum
- 1 cup grated dry coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds/Cashews
- 1/3 cup melon seeds
- 1 cup chopped Makhane/lotus seeds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter) for frying
- Grease the tray & keep aside.
- Fry gond in ghee, in small batches.I generally powdered the gond and then fry.
- It will fluff & become almost transparent when it is done.
- Fry makhanas till crisp on slow heat, keep aside.
- Dry roast the melon seeds.
- Chop the almonds & dry roast them.
- Roast the dry coconut .
- Take a pan and add water, sugar & cardamom powder & cook till it reaches one string consistency.
- Turn off the heat & mix all the dry fruits in it & transfer quickly to the greased tray.
- Let it cool & cut into square or diamond shape pieces.
- Store it in an airtight box.
For more fasting recipies you can check my melon seed namkeen,buckwheat flour paratha,buckwheat flour uttapam,carrot halwa,louki kheer,dhania panjiri,roasted makhana,panchamrut,dry arbi,milk Burfi,custard apple icecream.
Happy Janmashtami to all….