Pandan Steamed Rice
Pandan is a herbaceous tropical plant with long green leaves. In Southeast Asia, pandan leaves are used to lend a unique taste and aroma to many Thai desserts and some drinks. Pandan leaves can also be used to wrap savory foods. Pandan paste is used in cakes and desserts, as it is sweet and imbues foods with a bright green color.
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Fresh water 2 cup
- Pandan leaves
- Pandan leaves wash and then tie into knot.
- Place pandan leaf and cleaned rice into the microwave safe bowl.
- Then pour fresh water into the bowl and steam it on high for 15 minutes in Micro wave.
- You can also use rice cooker .
- Serve them with your favourite sabzi or dal. I served with black masoor.