Chocolate Sooji Halwa
Sooji Halwa is a common sweet in Indian house hold.It is a sweet blend of ghee ,sooji and sugar.It is the best and one of the easiest option to satisfy sweet cravings.
- Sooji/Rava/Semolina 1 cup
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Sugar 1 cup( I used Brown sugar)
- Coco powder 1 tbsp
- Milk 4 cup
- Chopped nuts for garnishing (I used raisins,almonds,pistachio,sunflower,walnuts and pumpkin seeds)
- Put a kadhai on medium heat, add the ghee and let it melt.
- Add sooji (semolina) and roast till it starts giving a nice aroma and the color changes to light golden brown.
- Add the cocoa powder once the sooji is roasted.Mix it well.
- Now add in the milk and sugar slowly.
- Keep stirring the halwa .
- let the halwa simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.