Quinoa Vegetable Tahari
Quinoa, often described as a “superfood” or a “supergrain,” has become popular among the health conscious, with good reason. Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah or ke-NO-ah) is packed with protein, fiber and various vitamins and minerals. It is also gluten-free and is recommended for people who are on a gluten-free diet.My family likes quinoa so much.It is very healthy diet.
Source : Wikipedia
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- hing a pinch
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chili chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 big cup mixed vegetables ( peas, corn, carrots, capsicum,cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Take a pressure cooker, add the ghee ,hing , jeera and mustard seeds and allow them to pop.Add chopped ginger and green chili. Saute it.
- Add the chopped onion sauté gently until they turn translucent. Next, add tomatoes and all the chopped vegetables .
- Now add quinoa ,water ,turmeric ,chili powder and salt.
- Then, covered the pan, allowing pressure cooker for one whistle.Let the whistle goes it itself.
- At last add lemon juice and garam masala.
Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves .Serve hot with yogurt or chutney.
This is enough for 2-3 people.