Almond Barfi/ Badam Katli/ Happy Navratri
My kids were coming back from their school trip so I prepared their favorite dessert.😃
- 1 cup Almond
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Milk for grinding almonds
- Saffron strands(optional)
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Soak the almonds in water for about 1 hour.
- Peel the almonds and blend them to a fine paste in mixer by adding saffron milk. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add the almond paste and cardamom powder and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides .
- Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Keep aside.
- Grease the butter paper or tray and roll the dough .
- Cut it into pieces and serve.
For more fasting recipies .