When I was very small my mom watched cooking show and learn this paratha but name she don’t remember so when i was making I don’t know what name I will give to this paratha but suddenly my younger son comes to kitchen and said wow mumma today you made Paratha Canai . Actually in Malaysia we have roti canai in restaurants made up of white flour and having multiple layers .It was like a jackpot as I got the name for my paratha.😍
- Wheat flour 500 gms
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for paratha
- Mix flour ,salt and water in a mixing bowl and form a dough.Keep it for 15 minutes.
- Take a dough ball and roll it into a chapati, add 1 tsp of ghee over the chapati and spread it evenly.
- Now with a sharp knife cut strips on the chapati.
- Put all the strips together and roll it into a round.
- Now roll it into a thick paratha.
- Heat a tawa on high heat and place the paratha on the pan and cook the paratha on both sides by applying ghee till it is golden brown.
- Crush them with your both hands till the layers separates.
- Serve them hot with your favorite curry.
I served with aloo gajar matar.
You can serve this paratha with matar mushroom, dry mushroom masala, dum aloo, dal makhni, kadhi pakora, palak paneer, sarso saag, paneer tikka masala, mung sprouts with broocli, dry arbi, sabut moong dal
for more paratha recipies