Oats Burfi /Happy Deepawali
May this Diwali Brings Lots Of Luck And Success To You.
Deepawali is the biggest and brightest festival in India. The festival signifies the victory of light over darkness. It is a five days festival. It starts with Dhanteras, followed by choti Diwali on second day , on the third day Deepawali, govardhan pooja on fourth day and ends with Bhai dooj. Before Diwali people clean their homes and shops. On Diwali night Hindus dress up in new clothes ,light up divas , candles inside and outside their home,take part in family puja typically to Goddess Lakshmi .After puja fire crackers, family feast and an exchange of gifts between family and friends.
As my mom used wheat flour in making burfi and laddoos .I thought to use oat flour this time in my barfi and laddoo. They came out really delicious .Please try this simple and quick recipe and let me know how it turned out for you. Oats laddoo I will post soon.
Celebrate your Diwali with this healthy Oats burfi which is oil free and gluten-free .
Guilt free and gluten-free😋
- 1 cup sugar( I used organic Brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered oats(I used rolled oats)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- Dry fruits of your choice(I used chopped cashews inside and garnish with almonds.)
- Roast oats and powdered them.
- Roast sesame seeds .
- Mix sugar and water and begin to boil on a medium flame, keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder .
- When the syrup reaches 1 string consistency, add the powdered oats slowly .Mix it well ,then add sesame seeds and nuts .
- Add oil & continues to cook the mix on a medium flame, constantly stirring it .After sometime the mix leaves the sides of the pan. When the mix becomes thick ,off the flame.
- Grease the plate and transfer it immediately.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Enjoy with your family and friends.
Happy Deepawali…to all my friends with lots of love.
For more dessert recipes click here