Chocolate Nan khatai/Diwali Special
As I belong to Uttar Pradesh, Nan khatai are very common at my house. There is an annual fair held at Meerut called Nauchandi Mela.The biscuit makers make this local biscuit or cookie, called “Nankhatai”. It is made and sold on the spot.
I made Nankhatai so many times but this time I did a twist. I added chocolate powder to it .It came out very delicious.
- Maida 1 cup
- Gram Flour 1/2 cup
- Choco Powder 2 tbsp
- Pure Ghee 1/2 cup( I used home-made desi ghee)
- Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup(I powdered normal sugar in mixie)
- Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp or as needed
- Almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a baking tray with foil and set aside.
- Take flour, gram flour, Choco powder, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Take Ghee, powdered sugar, cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Now add in the flour mix and fold well. Add milk if required and knead to a soft dough.I used 2 tbsp of milk.
- Take small part of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it in chopped almonds and arrange it in tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins or till golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
Store in an air tight box and Serve.
I got 20 nankhatais in this much quantity.
OMG Nan Khatai came out so well that I can’t stop myself from taking pictures.
For more chocolate recipes you can check