Pitthi Ki Kachori/ Urad Dal Kachori
Pitthi Kachoris are famous in North India especially in Uttarpradesh. I learnt making them from my mom. On every occasion we make these urad dal kachoris. These tastes best with Dum aloo .My mom makes these kachoris by hand , stretching the dough by flipping in hands called Hath se thapkna.But here I am using roller to roll these kachoris.
Ingredients for Dough
- 500 gm wheat flour
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water, to knead dough
- 1 cup white urad dal
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Hing a pinch
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Oil for deep fry
For the dough
Mix flour, Salt and water together to make a soft dough. Put oil on top of it and Keep it for half an hour .
For the pitthi
- Wash and soak white urad dal in water and keep it overnight or soak for 4-6 hours.
- Now coarsely grind the dal with least water and add red chili powder, fennel powder,Hing,coriander powder,garam masala.
- Mix well. Pitthi is ready.
- Can prepare pitthi one day before also and keep in freeze.
- Left over pitthi can be used for making vada .Some pitthi is left so I made vada with it.But add salt in left over pitthi.
- My kids likes to eat left over kachoris by heating them on tawa the next day with mango pickle or green chili masala.
- Oil hands and knead the dough again
- Make a lemon sized ball from the dough.
- Flatten it and add a small piece of pitthi in the center.
- Now enclose the pitthi around the dough.In the same way stuffed all the balls.
- Roll and deep fry. Pitthi Kachori is ready to eat.
Deep fried posts
I served these kachoris with dum aloo, aloo gobi,muli laccha and rice kheer.