Quinoa ,Mung Sprouts Khichdi
I fell in love with small and tiny healthy grain quinoa because of my darling hubby. Daily he gives me new ideas how to use this healthy grain in my kitchen.This is his idea to make quinoa with sprouts.Like this he gave some other also .Soon I am going to share more quinoa recipes.Quinoa Tahari was also his idea.😃.
- Quinoa 1 cup
- Mung Sprouts 1 cup
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1
- Green chilies 1-2
- 1 bowl mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, cauliflower, capsicum, corn)
- Coriander leaves handful
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Clean and wash quinoa .
- In a pressure cooker add the oil ,Hing ,cumin seeds,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When they crackle, add the ginger and onion and sauté for a minute.
- Now add green chilies, tomatoes and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the chopped veggies, washed quinoa, sprouts, salt, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir everything together.
- Close the lid and cook for 1 whistle. Off the gas and let it cook in its own steam.
- Now add garam masala , lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Topped it with some olives.
- Serve with yogurt or chutney.
- We can replace sprouts with any other dal.
In this much amount I got 2 bowls khichdi.
For more Quinoa recipies you can check my