Arbi Masala / Taro Root
Arbi or taro root is an everyday dish in North India. It is very unique and flavourful dish. It is usually served as a main dish with wheat flour,maize flour or kuttu flour.
- 500 gms Arbi boiled
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chili
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwaiin)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mango powder /amchur
- 1 Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pressure cook arbi with 1 cup of water for 1 whistle.
- Peel the boiled arbi and cut it in round shape.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan and add hing and ajwain.
- When the ajwain starts to crackle, add chopped ginger and green chili and sauté them.
- Add coriander powder ,mix well and sauté for minute.
- Now add turmeric powder,red chili powder.
- Add the boiled arbi, salt and some water, mix well and bring to boil it for some time.
- After switch off the flame sprinkle some garam masala, mango powder and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Hope you enjoy them..