Mung Sprouts/How to make mung sprouts
Mung beans are loaded with nutritional health benefits.They are high in protein and rich in vitamins and minerals.It is a low calorie food.
- Mung beans
- Take the whole mung beans and wash the beans in water .
- In a bowl take the mung beans and add double water .
- Soak the beans overnight.
- The next day the moong beans will double in quantity. Discard remaining water.
- Wet a clean cloth or kitchen napkin with water and squeeze the excess water from it. Take this damp cloth and keep the soaked mung beans in the cloth.
- Tighten this cloth and keep this cloth with the moong beans in it covered in a container for 10-12 hours.
- After 12 hours will see small sprouts . For longer sprouts, you can keep it for some more time.
- I keep these sprouts in fridge for up to 1-2 days.
- Use them as salad.
In the same way can make sprout of moth,chana,wheat,methi.
Chana,methi and wheat took 24 hours to sprout.