Quinoa Oats Khichdi
As I already told in my Quinoa mung sprouts Khichdi that all quinoa ideas are my hubby ideas. Again he ask me to make that khichdi but that day I don’t have sprouts so he said instead of mung sprouts add oats .Rest of the method I followed the same .Believe me it was a great hit at my place . Few changes which I did that I added some more veggies this time like I do in quinoa tahri.All quinoa recipes are quite easy too just throw all things together in pressure cooker and get healthy meal in no time.😋
- Quinoa 1/2 cup
- Oats 1/2 cup
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1
- Mixed veggies 1 bowl ( peas, carrot, corn, capsicum, cauliflower)
- Green chilies 1-2
- Coriander leaves handful
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Water 2 cup
- Clean and wash quinoa .
- In a pressure cooker add the oil ,Hing ,cumin seeds,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When they crackle, add the ginger and onion and sauté for a minute.
- Now add green chilies, tomatoes and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the washed quinoa, oats, salt, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir everything together.
- Close the lid and cook for 1 whistle. Off the gas and let it cook in its own steam.
- Now add garam masala , lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Topped it with some olives.
- Serve with yogurt or chutney.
- In this much amount I got 2 bowls khichdi.
For more Quinoa recipies you can check my