Beetroot chapatis /Chukandar Chapatis
As you all know that what ever my kids don’t like I grind it and add in chapatis like soyabean,oats etc. Beetroot is also one of the veggie which they don’t like to eat so I thought to add in chapatis in purée form .It comes out very well. In the same way we can make puri or paratha also with beetroot purée.
Sometimes I add beetroot in morning juice or make deserts .But these things are not in routine.Adding puree in dough is the easy method to consume this healthy vegetable in our daily life.😍
Ingredients for purée
- 2 small beetroot or 1/1-2 big beetroot
- 1 salt
Ingredients for dough
- wheat flour 2 cup
- salt 1 tsp
- Roughly chopped beetroot.
- Combine the beetroot in 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 -3 whistles.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth .
- Knead the dough in beetroot purée.
- Roll out with the help of roller.
- Serve hot chapatis with any veggie of your choice.
I served with aloo palak and amla pickle.
Related Posts for more chapatis check here