Bhindi Masala/Okra /lady Finger
Bhindi is mine and my hubby favorite vegetable. But my kids are just opposite they both don’t like this green veggie. Few months back we went to Thailand for holidays. As we are vegetarians so we carried some food items with us. I made some parathas some puris and bhindi masala. I made bhindi because it does not spoil quickly.
On the way when we felt hungry I put bhindi in puri ,rolled it and gave to my boys . To my surprise they liked it and from that day they both started eating bhindi.
Thailand trip was so lucky for me that now once in a week bhindi is must in my house and everyone enjoys it.😍😍😍
- Ladyfingers/okra /bhindi 500 gms
- Oil 2 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Ginger chopped 1 tsp
- Green chillies chopped 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Fennel /sauf powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Wash and dry the bhindi on kitchen towel.Cut both the ends and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add the Hing and cumin seeds. When they change colour, Add the chopped ginger, green chillies,turmeric powder and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the chopped bhindi and sprinkle the red chili, coriander ,fennel and salt. Mix well. Cook covered over low heat stirring occasionally.
- When the bhindi is cooked, add amchur ,lemon juice.
- Lastly add garam masala.
Serve with soft phulka or paratha or puri.For more chapati recipies check Here.
Do visit my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Gharkepakwan and Like the page to get regular updates.