Chhole Chaat/ Chickpeas Salad
Four years back when we moved to Malaysia there was a food fair in my younger son’s school. Myself and one of my close friend made this chhole chaat of 3 kg chhole for food fair. The chaat finished so quickly. Everyone liked the flavor and asking for the recipe. So here is the chickpeas salad recipe. Hope you all enjoy..😍😍😍
- Boiled chickpeas 1 cup
- Onion 1
- Green chili 1 chopped
- Black salt 1 tsp
- Tomato 1 chopped
- Cucumber chopped
- Banana 1
- Coriander leaves
- Tamarind water
- lemon 1
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Chaat Masala1 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight.
- Drain and put the chickpeas in a pressure cooker.
- Cover the chickpeas with water and add salt.
- Pressure cook 5-6 whistles or till chickpeas are done.
- Take out the boiled chick peas and add all the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with amritsari Kulcha, Bread or Aloo tikki.