Makhana Raita/Lotus seeds Yogurt
All makhana recipes are my family treasured recipes which I learnt from my mother. Actually she puts tadka in yogurt by heating some oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds and curry leaves. But here just to avoid oil I used roasted cumin seeds and added all spices. Both ways are correct .Can make in either way.
- 1 cup roasted and coarsely grinded Makhana
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp chopped green chili
- Few coriander leaves
Few pomegranate seeds( optional)
- Add all masalas except coriander leaves,pomegranate seeds and makhana.
- Beat the yogurt.
- After mixing yogurt with spices add makhane to the beaten yogurt and fold them in.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Serve with any indian meal.
Perfect yogurt for fasting.
Related posts check here