Aloo matar masala
Aloo matar is a curry which we often make at home.This is an easy style home-made curry which goes well with any type of chapatis, Paratha or puri.
One of my friend asked me to post aloo matar so I am posting this recipe.
- 3-4 potatoes chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chili
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Hing a pinch
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp powdered coriander powder
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and add the hing and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the chopped ginger and green chili. sauté it.
- Add the tomatoes or purée, turmeric, salt, red chili powder and the coriander powder, and stir-fry .
- Add the peas, potatoes and sauté over high heat .
- Add 2 cups of water, and let it whistle for 3-4 whistles.
- Lastly add Garam masala and garnished with the coriander leaves.
- Add less or more water according to the consistency you want.