Oats Mooli Paratha /Oats Radish Paratha
This is very common paratha in Indian houses. This is my mother in law’s recipe. The only change which I did is I added oats flour in dough which is fully optional.😃
- Mooli/radish 2 medium size grated
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying paratha
- green chilies 2 chopped
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Carom Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Multi grain Atta 1 cup
- Oats Flour 1/2 cup
- Take grated radish in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt on it and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes. Then squeeze out all the water from it. Don’t throw the squeezed water.
- Then add green chilies , coriander leaves in squeezed mooli. Mix well.
Add red chili powder, carom seeds and garam masala. Mix well.
- Make the dough by using radish water which we get after squeezed. Don’t add salt in dough as water is already salty.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough, roll it into a smooth ball and flatten it between your palms.
- Before you start rolling, heat tawa or pan on medium heat to fry paratha.
- Dust it into dry flour. Roll into a 4 inch diameter circle.
- Put some stuffing in the center, gather the edges and pinch it to seal it tightly.
- Flatten it by pressing it lightly, again dust in dry flour. And gently roll .
- Now shallow fry the paratha on hot tawa from both the sides using oil or ghee. It should have nice golden brown and crispy .
- Serve hot with butter.
Serve 6-7 paratha
More Chapati or paratha check here
Notes Add salt only in grated radish.