Oats Rice Tahari /Oats Rice Pulao
As you all know that my kids don’t like oats so I tried to add them in their favourite dish in flour form or as it is. You can check here how I used oats in these recipies. Oats aloo paratha, Oats radish paratha, Healthy poha, Quinoa poha with oats, Oats barfi, oats coconut laddoos, Quinoa oats bar, Oats soyabean Appam, Bread with Oats and seeds, Oats poha dhokla.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rice
- Water 2 cups
- Tomato 1
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger and green chili
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- onion 1
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Ghee/oil 1 tbsp
- Chopped veggies 1 big bowl (I used peas, corn, capsicum, red cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, broccoli)
- Wash and soak rice and oats in water for around half an hour.
- Peel and chop all veggies in small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add Hing and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger and green chili.
- Saute onions then add tomato and all chopped veggies.
- Add turmeric and chili powder.
- Drain the water from the soaked rice and add rice and oats in the cooker , sauté gently for few seconds.
- Add salt.
- Add water and mix gently.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 1 whistle.
- Lastly add chopped fresh coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney and yogurt. I served with Makhana/ Lotus seeds Raita.