Rajma Masala/ Kidney beans Masala
Kidney beans in hindi are called Rajma. In India we have 3 types of Kidney beans. Red rajma, Jammu rajma and Chitra rajma. All three are different in taste. In Malaysia only red rajma is available so I am using red rajma here. Recipe for all types of rajma is same.
One of my dearest blogger friend Carol asked me to post Kidney beans recipe .So I posted it. She is a wonderful blogger cooking with challenge.
This recipe I learnt from my mother.
- Rajma / kidney beans 250 gm
- Tomato 1/2 cup purée
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp grated or chopped
- Green chili 1 tsp chopped
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Mango powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- hing a pinch
- Soak kidney beans in water over night by adding baking soda or eno.
- In a pressure cooker, boil them by adding salt.
- Meanwhile prepare masala. In a pan add oil, Hing, cumin seeds.
- Add ginger paste and green chili.
- Add tomato purée and all spices. Mix well .
- After boiling this masala add this to boiled rajma.
- Simmer it for few minutes.
- Your rajma masala is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati or paratha.
- Can use onion if you want.
Let me know how it turned out for you.