Apple Barfi / Happy Valentine’s Day
Wish you my friends and readers of gharkepakwan a very happy Valentine’s Day.💖💖💖
The idea of making apple barfi comes from Carrot barfi which I learnt from my mother. The difference is only that she used khoya and I used milk powder. So you can use khoya also in place of milk powder. Rest of the method is same.
- Apple 1 cup grated
- Milk Powder 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Pistachio chopped for garnish
- Peel and grate apples.
- Add lemon juice to grated apples so that they will not turn black.
- In a pan add ghee and grated apples.
- Saute them for few times so they will become soft.
- Add milk powder and mix it properly.
- Lastly add sugar and stir it for some time.
- Once you see mixture becomes thick transfer it to greased plate and sprinkle some chopped pistachio over it.
- Once it cools . Keep in refrigerator for some time to get smooth pieces.
- Cut it in your favorite shape.
Perfect healthy dessert for any festival or for fasting.💕💕💕
Don’t forget to give me your feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.