Aloo Palak/ Potato Spinach
There are so many methods of making aloo palak. This is the dry version. Gravy version Is like palak paneer just add aloo/potato in place of Paneer. Spinach in hindi called palak.
- 1 bunch spinach/ palak chopped
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp green chili chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash and drain chopped spinach.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and cumin seeds to hot oil.
- When they start sputtering, add ginger and green chili.
- Add turmeric powder , chopped spinach and salt. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add boiled chopped potatoes,coriander powder and chili powder.
- Mix it well.
- lastly add lemon juice and garam masala.
Serve hot with chapati or paratha.
More recipes for chapati and paratha check here.
Don’t forget to give your feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.