Oats Masala Pav / Oats Masala Buns
In the last few weeks I was very busy as I shifted from Malaysia to Indonesia that’s why I was not able to post my recipes regularly. Today I shared this healthy recipe from my draft.
Serves 8 buns
- 1 cup multigrain flour
- 1 cup oats flour
- 1 tsp of instant yeast
- 1 cup of warm water(I used half milk and half water)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Take out flour in any utensil and add sugar, instant dry yeast (there is no need to active instant dry yeast in lukewarm water), 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp oil in the flour and mix well.
- Add little amount of lukewarm mixture of milk and water in the dough at a time and prepare a soft dough like that used for making chapatti’s. Knead dough for about 4-5 minutes until it becomes soft. Grease the dough with little oil, cover it and keep it aside for 1 hour for fermenting.
- Meanwhile you can work on the stuffing. For the stuffing you can use any dry vegetables.
- So the peas, corn and potato stuffing I used is given below.
- Dough has fermented, now stuff the balls. Divide the dough and stuffing in 8 equal halves. Take one part in your hand and make a round ball. Flatten the ball with your hand and make a place in center. Fill the stuffing in the center and seal the stuffing from all sides. Flatten the ball.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and place the flatten ball on the tray. Like wise prepare all balls. Keep them aside for 1/2 an hour .
- Now keep them in oven for baking. Set the oven temperature to 200 degree centigrade and cook for 30 minutes in oven. Check after 15 minutes. Bake more if not cooked properly.
- After taking out from oven brush them with oil.
Stuffing for Masala Pav
- 4 boiled potatoes mashed
- 1/2cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- Hand full of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp of chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of cooking oil
Method of stuffing
- In a wok, add the cooking oil, and let it heat. Over medium heat add in the cumin seeds, chopped ginger and chilies.
- Saute for a few seconds. Now add in the corn and peas. Let them cook.
- Add boiled potatoes and add the coriander powder,chili powder, garam masala, amchur, salt, and pepper.
- Taste the stuffing and adjust the flavours accordingly.
- Lastly add fresh coriander leaves. The stuffing is ready.
Serve it hot with coriander chutney.
Don’t forget to give your opinion . Let me know how it turned out for you.
Related baked posts