Saffron Rabdi / Kesar Rabdi /Birthday Special
Happy Birthday To My Dear Husband.
You are the greatest gift from GOD
I have no wish other than to have you for the rest of my life.
Rabdi is a popular North Indian dessert made up of milk. In this we collect layers of malai on the side of pan. After that cut it and add it in rest of the milk. This is my grandmother’s recipe. In my childhood we always had cows in my home so we get lots of milk . When ever we had craving for dessert, my grand mother made this recipe.
- Full cream milk 1 and 1/2litre
- Few strands of saffron
- Sugar 6-7 tbsp
- cardamom Powder
- Dry fruits chopped
- Take a broad pan . Heat the milk on medium flame.
- Soak saffron in warm milk.
- Add saffron soaked milk.
- when you see cream on top ,move the layer on the side of the pan.
- Keep simmering the milk and collecting the cream on the side.
- This process of collecting cream will take around 1 hour.
- Once milk reduces to 1/4 add sugar and cardmom powder.
- Switch off the flame.
- Once its cool cut the layers of cream and add in the remaining milk.
- Add your favourites dry fruits and serve warm or chilled.
- This dessert is perfect for fasting.
Don’t forget to give your valuable feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.
Add Saffron milk
Start collecting cream layers
Cut the layers of cream
Add pieces of cream in thick milk