Dahi Baigan/Eggplants in Yogurt/No onion no Garlic
Dahi baigan is a Oriya dish which I learnt in Malaysia from my friend . Now this recipe is very common in my house. Everyone loves it.
- Brinjal/Baigan /Eggplant 1
- Thick yogurt 1 cup
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Ginger chopped 1/2 tsp
- Green chili chopped 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves Few
- Oil For frying
- Rock salt
- Black salt
- Hing a pinch
- Cut brinjal into thin long pieces.
- Add turmeric and salt to brinjal pieces. Marinate the brinjal pieces . Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry the brinjal pieces to a golden brown color. Keep this aside.
- Pour the yogurt into a serving dish and add salt ,chaat masala and fried brinjals. Mix together .
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter hing, mustard seeds, fenugreek, cumin and add chopped ginger and green chili and curry leaves fry in low heat for a few seconds.
Pour the fried contents into the brinjal yogurt mixture.
- Serve as main dish or side dish.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- If you like to add onions you can add it.
Don’t forget to give your valuable feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.
Related eggplant post