Saffron Sandesh/ Deepawali Special
Happy Diwali to all my friends and readers . Have a safe and prosperous Diwali.
Sandesh is a very famous Bengali sweet. It will ready in no time. So let’s try it.
- 1 big cup moist paneer / Indian cottage cheese
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp of hot milk (optional)
- Pistachio for garnish
- Take the paneer in a plate and knead it with the help of your palms.
- Knead it till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked milk, cardamom powder and knead it again.
- Add this mixture to a hot non stick pan.
- Mix well and cook on a low flame.
- The mixture melts off and cook until you get a thick consistency and the mix leave the sides of the pan.
- Put the mixture back to the plate so it becomes cool down.
- Knead it again and roll to balls and flatten slightly.
- Garnish with pistachio and saffron.
Refrigerate and serve…..😍
- It yields 16 sandesh.
Perfect recipe for fasting.
Don,t forget to give your valuable feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.
Check more Diwali recipies here.