Beetroot Barfi / Chukander Barfi /Dusshera Special
Happy Dusshera to all my friends and readers…..
May Goddess Durga Maa Bless You and Your Family with all Pleasures.
Beetroot in hindi called chukander. Celebrate this year Dusshera with healthy dessert which is ready in no time.
- Beetroot 2cups(peeled &grated)
- Milk 1 cup
- Milk Powder 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2cup
- Ghee 1tbsp
- Pistachio chopped 10-12
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated beetroot and cook till it gets soft.
- Add milk. Stir till all milk evaporates.
- Add sugar and mix well, stir occasionally,cook until mixture turn thick.
- Add milk powder and cook on medium heat till mixture turn completely dry.
- Pour this mixture on greased plate or butter paper.Garnish with chopped
Pistachio or any other nuts.
- Slightly pressed them and let it cool then keep in refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours.
- Cut it into desired shape.
- Perfect dessert for fasting.
You can add khoya too if you don’t have milk powder.
Don’t forget to give your feedback. Let me know how it turned out for you.
Related milk powder and beetroot posts
Milk Powder Barfi
Beetroot Chocolate Muffins
Kuttu Ki Pakodi / Buckwheat Fritters
Buckwheat flour is very common in my house during fasting.Generally me and my hubby keep fast but if the fast is on weekends then my kids also fasting.Since early morning, my boys start asking what will you make today for us for fasting.Generally they are waiting for all the delicious dishes made during fasting.😃
- Buckwheat flour/Kuttu ka atta 1cup
- Potato, chopped 4-5
- Green chili chopped
- Red chili powder
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee for deep frying
- Chop potato into thin pieces.
- In a bowl add chopped potatoes, green chilies, red chili powder ,kuttu atta and salt.
- Mix all together.
- Add very less water.
- Mix it well, it would be a slightly sticky batter.
- Now heat ghee in a deep pan.
- Use your fingers to drop the batter.
- Deep fry the fritters on medium heat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter .
Drain the fried kuttu pakori on a tissue paper and serve hot with coriander chutney.
Check more fasting recipes.
Always make batter for 1-2 batch at a time.Otherwise it will release water.
First try to mix potatoes with flour if you need water then only add .Sometimes no need to add water.
I got 3 plates in this much quantity.