Amritsari Aloo Kulcha
Amritsari Aloo Kulcha is a Punjabi dish. This is kind of desi-pizza, stuffed with masala potatoes. It is a delicious Indian recipe . When cooked it is usually rubbed with butter or ghee.
- 1 cup maida
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Curd/Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
• 2 cup Boiled-Peeled & Mashed Potatoes
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 tsp Chaat Masala
• Flour for Dusting
Can do any stuffing like onion,paneer etc.
- Add both flours ,salt, oil, curd ,yeast,sugar and mix well, knead it for 4-5 minutes, and then make dough.
- Apply little oil, cover the dough and place it in a warm place for 1 hour or till double.
1. Take another bowl, add mashed potatoes.dd red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, Chaat masala and mix well.
- Take the prepared dough, punch it down and knead it again for 2 minutes.
- Kept the dough again for 1 hour.
- Now divide the dough into 8-10 balls.
- Take one ball, dust in flour roll it and make thick circle disk.
- Now place the stuffing on the disk and close the edges, farm it into the ball.
- Dust the ball into the flour, flatter with using fingers, and then roll it like a paratha using roller pin.
1. Heat the griddle, place the rolled Kulcha on it and cook for a minute or till down side spotted little brown.
2. Flip it other side and cook it for 1-2 minutes, and then roast it for few seconds on a direct flame .
3. Now remove it on plate and apply ghee.
1. Preheat the oven on maximum temperature.
2. Take a baking tray, grease it with few drop of oil. Place the Kulcha on it.
3. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, coriander leaves, press them lightly, and brush it with oil or ghee.
4. Place the tray into the oven and then bake it for 5-7 minutes on highest temperature.
Amritsari Aloo Kulcha is ready, Serve with palak paneer, curry, chole or any vegetable of your choice .