Mung Dal Chilla
This is no oil recipe which is packed with nutrients.
For the batter
- 1 cup of yellow mung dal
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 2 green chillies
For the filling of Mung Dal Chilla
- Grated paneer 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions
- Spices according to your taste
1) Wash and soak the moong dal for at least an hour. Drain and grind with ginger, green chillies, cumin and salt to a smooth batter. Add salt to taste. The batter should be of thick pouring consistency, you may add a little water if you think it is too thick.
2) Prepare the filling by combining all the ingredients.
3) Take a non-stick tawa and pre heat it on a medium flame.
4) Once it is heated, add a ladle full of this batter and spread it evenly so that it forms a nice roti like circle.
5) Cook it till you see nice brown spots appearing on the underside.
6)Flip gently, and cook the other side too.
7) Sprinkle a little bit of the filling mixture that you’ve prepared earlier.
8) Fold the chilla from both sides (just like you fold Dosa).
Serve hot with green chutney or tomato chutney.