Quinoa and Oats Bar/Dussehra Special
One day I saw granola bars at internet. Then I tried my hands on these bars .The actual recipe uses bananas but here I have done without bananas and did so many other variations according to the ingredients available in my kitchen. These bars are so healthy and tasty that they vanish in no time.😍😍😍
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds( I used half black half white)
- 1/2 cup dry coconut
- 1 cup dry fruits( I used almonds,cashews,pistachio)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp oil( I used organic coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp Sugar( I used organic brown sugar)
- In a pan roast oats,sesame seeds and quinoa seeds.
- Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut and dry fruits.
- In a medium saucepan combine salt, butter, honey, oil, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated. Pour into baking tray. Press mixture down into tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on 200 degree C. Let it cool for half an hour and then put cut marks. After 1 hour take it out and serve.
Enjoy these healthy bars on this Dussehra with family.