Louki /Doodhi/Bottle gourd Curry
- 1 Medium size louki
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp ghee
- A handful chopped coriander leaves
- salt or to your taste
- Fresh lemon juice
- Wash and peel the louki, chop off the top and bottom tip and cut it into small pieces.
- On medium high heat add ghee in pressure cooker add cumin seeds, and asafoetida, add ginger and green chili.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and mix .
- Add chopped louki, salt and ½ cup of water and mix everything together, close the lid of the pressure cooker .
- Give 2-3 whistle to it.
- Add Garam masala , lemon juice and coriander leaves before serving.
- If we are making louki for fasting purpose then no turmeric.
Serve with Chapati or paratha.
I always like louki with some pure ghee while serving.
For more louki recipies you can check my louki kheer.