Oats Potato Paratha
Aloo paratha is most popular recipe from North India. This time I tried to make it healthy version by adding oats flour.Every time I make two types of stuffing one with onion for my older son and other without onion for my younger son.
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Oats Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Potatoes 3-4 boiled
- Onion ( optional)
- Green chili chopped 1 tsp
- coriander leaves few
- salt to taste
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Sauf/fennel powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Oil/ghee for making paratha
- Mash the potatoes using masher. Make sure to mash it well.
- Mix in all the ingredients written under stuffing.Mix it well. Keep it aside.
Dough for paratha.
- Take both flours add salt, add water and start kneading the dough.
- Make smooth and soft dough. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes knead the dough again one more time to make it smooth.
- Now take one flatten dough ball at time. Dip it into dry flour and roll into 3-4 inch diameter circle using rolling pin and board.
- Put potato stuffing in the center.
- Pinch it into the center to seal it properly.
- Again roll it gently.
- Heat the tawa or griddle on medium heat. Once hot place the rolled paratha on it .
- Flip it and cook other side as well. Apply some oil on the surface.
- Flip again and cook it by pressing gently.
- Serve with dollop of butter ,chutney, pickle or yogurt.
Any stuffing goes well with this oats and wheat dough.
Happy Cooking !!!
More chapatis and paratha check here.