Whole Wheat Eggless Banana Cake
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 4 medium to large ripe or over ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup organic brown sugar or regular sugar(I used brown sugar)
- ⅔ cup any neutral flavored oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 halved walnuts, chopped or any dry fruits of your choice (optional)
- 2 tsp Choco chips(optional)
Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Peel and chop the bananas. Add them to a bowl and mash them with a fork. You can also use a blender to mash the bananas.
- Add sugar, oil and vanilla essence.
- Stir very well so that the oil mixes with the banana purée and the sugar dissolves.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in the bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients very well.
- Add the chopped walnuts and fold again. Apart from walnuts, you can also add any dry fruits of your choice. Chocolate chips can also be added.
- Pour the batter in a greased or lined loaf pan or round cake pan .
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for 45 to 50 mins or till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean. If the top of the cake starts browning then cover the top with an aluminium foil .
- When warm or cooled, slice and serve banana cake.
- If you feel that batter is a bit dry then use milk.