When I was very young I never liked eating dals and veggies .That time there used to be a street hawker selling this chaat very near to my house. I used to get it and enjoy with chapati. Sometimes my mom also used to make this chaat. My kids also same and they like this chaat so much when ever I make.
Matar chaat is very famous in Uttar Pradesh in India.There are two types of matar white and green.Here I am using green dry matar.White matar can also be used.
Chickpeas(kabuli chana) can also be used for making chaat. Soon I will share it.My kids eat this chaat with bread.
- Dry green matar 1 cup
- Onion 1 chopped
- Green chili 1 chopped
- Black salt 1 tsp
- Tomato 1 chopped
- Cucumber chopped
- Banana 1
- Coriander leaves
- Tamarind water
- lemon 1
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Chaat Masala1 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Soak peas in water for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and put the peas in a pressure cooker.
- Cover the peas with water and add salt.
- Pressure cook 2-3 whistles or till peas are done.
- Take out the boiled peas and add all the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with amritsari Kulcha, Bread or Aloo tikki.